SPF Moisturizers to Add to Your Spring Skin Routine
Spring is on the way and the torrent of outdoor weddings is upon us. Do you have your SPF ready?
Now, I’ll be honest, I may not be the tidiest or most organized person in the world, but when it comes to my face I’m pretty meticulous. Growing up, my stepmom taught me the value in taking care of yourself, especially your skin, and how a slight pampering now and then is really good for you. When I was in high school, we banished products with harsh chemicals for those with real ingredients (but I still used LA Looks hair gel– the green, duh — because it was super cool). You can imagine my chagrin going to college and having to settle for the not-so-great options. Mind you, this was the early 2000s, so it was way harder to pop into a shop and grab an all-natural face wash.
But I survived, y’all.
As a full-grown adult-ish person, I’ve figured out a good regiment for me that works with, not only my skin, but my habits. I work from home, but I still spend time every day getting ready. It’s another one of those things I picked up from my stepmom: your appearance doesn’t have to be for other people, it can be for yourself, too. So, I like a quick routine that doesn’t require too many products. I have a Glossier face wash, a LimeLight moisturizer that I blend with an SPF and about once a week I use a mask; a clay one in the colder seasons and a lighter one in the warmer months. When I get blemishes, I tend to use tea tree oil, which works as a natural antibiotic and pulls everything out really quickly. That’s it!
I firmly believe that using good products is key to a healthy cleansing. Another key is to not forego moisturizer — for the love of Pete, don’t skip the moisturizer! They help fight off negative aging effects, harmful environmental factors and can help protect your face from sun damage. I’ve pulled a small list of moisturizers that all have SPF, because it’s really important to have a little sun protection on your face … it’s the most exposed part of your body! I mentioned above that I incorporate an SPF into my moisturizer. I do this because I found a moisturizer that I LOVE, but it doesn’t have SPF, so I add a little bit of the Shiseido 50 SPF into my LimeLight moisturizer as a remedy.
1. Glossier Invisible Shield, SPF 35, $25: A great one to add your daily moisturizer, this SPF is vegan and all-natural. You can even set it up to have them automatically deliver a refresh every 1–3 months.
2. Burt’s Bees Skin Nourishment Day Lotion, SPF 15, $8.99; Your favorite lip balm brand also makes an awesome SPF moisturizer! The main ingredient is Royal Jelly, which gives the skin lots of glow.
3. Up & Up Facial Moisturizing Lotion, SPF, $6.49: If you don’t have very finicky skin and want a budget-friendly option, this one’s great. It’s free of junk and you can use it in small amounts, so it lasts a long time.
4. Context Intensive Daily Moisturizer, SPF 15, $40: SPF 15; An awesome daily moisturizer by an up-and-coming gender-free beauty brand. It has all sorts of vitamins and good stuff to make your skin radiant.
5.Shiseido Ultimate Skin Protection, SPF 50, $42: Mineral based and free of parabens and alcohol. It goes on extra-light, so it’s ideal to blend with your favorite moisturizer.
6. Panacea Daily Facial SPF, SPF 25, $38: A non-greasy SPF with all good ingredients that’s a great companion to your daily moisturizer.
7. Neutrogena Naturals Brightening Daily Moisturizer, SPF 25, $13.99: Neutrogena is so good and they have so many skincare products that you’re bound to find something that works for you. This one’s a part of their naturals line and is a great daily moisturizer.
*Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links. Each time you purchase an item via our affiliate links, Love Inc. is receiving a small percentage of the sale, thus you are helping our small, equality-minded business grow and allowing us to provide more content for YOU! Isn’t that just fantastic?