Wedding party rant: the likelihood of your ‘maids shortening and wearing their formal bridesmaid dresses ever again is slim. And that’s fine because they love you and are honored to be a part of your day. But let’s move past the sugarcoating and state the obvious: they want to wear something they feel good in.
This is why we’re loving a growing trend that allows brides or grooms to select a color and the wedding party pick their own dresses. That way, they get the style that flatters them the most and the brides and grooms maintain their vision. Win-win!
And retailers and brands are making it extra easy by offering many styles in the same colors. We did a bit of diggin’ to see what each designer brings to the table.
- Easy to use website which you can filter by color to see all styles available.
- Many different styles available in the same color.
- Many sizes available, 0-30w. Also, no extra cost for plus size.
- 50 different colors available.
- All styles are available for rush delivery within 4-9 weeks.
- Many bridal stores carry this label and they have their own stores. Store locator on the website.
- Prices vary from $99 to $179.
- Easy to use website which has a search-by-color function.
- The number of styles per color varies for each. Some have two options, while others have several.
- More than 100 different colors to choose from.
- Plus sizes available.
- Locations available in most cities. Store locator on website.
- Prices vary from $99 to $199.
- Specializes in dresses that you can wrap in different ways for different looks.
- Four different dress options, but for the Classic, Rosette and Chiffon you can wrap them into 15 different styles.
- Each dress has a different number of color options.
- The Classic has 24 colors.
- The Rosette has six colors.
- The Chiffon has six colors.
- The Hi-Low has 13 colors.
- Two different sizes available (sort of a one-size-fits-all kind of sizing).
- Customization is available
- Only one location in New York, but most orders are online.
- Prices vary from $72-$1.375. (Note: the $1,375 looks more like a bridal dress option, most of the others are below $500.)
- Website offers a search-by-color family option.
- Offers many brands like Alfred Sung, After Six, Lela Rose, Dessy Collection, Social Bridesmaid and 57 Grand.
- If you want a perfect color match, we suggest sticking to one label.
- Website has a Pantone wedding tool, which allows you to design inspiration boards for your event. You can then share them with your party and vendors to coordinate accordingly.
- Offers in-stock dress options for delivery in days not weeks.
- Prices vary among each label.
- Easy to search by color on website.
- More than 30 colors to search.
- Maternity options in all colors.
- Over 20 styles in each color.
- Store locator available in each style.
- Available abroad and several locations across the US.
Having your best friends and family beside you on your big day is such a blessing, and having them feel beautiful is a bonus!
*Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links. Each time you purchase an item via our affiliate links, Love Inc. is receiving a small percentage of the sale, thus you are helping our small, equality-minded business grow and allowing us to provide more content for YOU! Isn’t that just fantastic?
Krista Roser is country girl with a city heart who loves all things fashion, especially anything vintage.