Yani and Divinity met because of Beyoncé. Yep, the Beyoncé. They met while both were a part of the Beyoncé Experience, Beyoncé’s third concert tour, with Yani as a dancer and Divinity as the musical director of her all-female band. When Queen Bey is involved in your love story, it sets the bar pretty high for the wedding day, but this celebration did not disappoint.
Captured by Studio A Images, Yani and Divinity exchanged vows at the Liberty House in Jersey City, with the epic Manhattan skyline as their backdrop. The brides coordinated beautifully in Lee Petra Grebenau-designed looks — Divinity in chic jumpsuit with an epic cape, and Yani in a gorgeous ball gown silhouette with a plunging v-neck.
While on tour around the world, Japan had a special place in the couple’s heart and they incorporated origami in many of their details — from the invitation, to the place cards to the cake, the latter of which also gave nod to their beloved Manhattan with a skyline detail on the bottom tier.
The morning of the wedding, Divinity woke up without a voice. But she was determined to find a way to say her vows (which she did after resting her voice all morning) and also surprising Yani with a mini performance during the reception. Together for 12 years and they marked their union in the most beautiful and unique-to-them ways that made the day personal and special.
- Photography: Studio A Images
- Venue: Liberty House
- Planning: Two Kindred Planners
- Floral Design: Bride & Blossom
- Dress Designer: Lee Petra Grebenau
- Lighting: Pegasus Productions
- String Quartet: Sterling Strings
- DJ: Amore Querida
- Musician: Ivan Lianes
- Dress Salon: SPINA Bride
- Shoes: Nicholas Kirkwood
- Shoes: Sophia Webster
- Divinity's Makeup:Aced Faces
- Divinity's Hair: Tar Baby Hair Design
- Yani's Makeup: Kat Nejat-Thompson
- Yani's Hair: Lindsay Block Style
- Cake Design: Palermo's Bakery
- Donut Wall: Off The Wall Donuts