A hot air balloon centerpiece is a fun way to add color and quirkiness to your wedding. What I love about this project is that it’s so versatile—you can add variations of flowers, baskets and balloons to create the perfect centerpiece for your special day!
- Gather the materials as posted above.
- Cut the floral foam to fit in the base of the basket.
- Use your wire cutters to trim the flowers down to preferred size.
- Assemble the flowers.
- Write a table number or special message on the chalk paper.
- The copper wire is used to hold the balloon in place. Cut the copper wire to desired balloon height and hook one end around the end of the balloon.
- Place the other end of the copper wire into the floral foam.
- Fix the DIY netting over the balloon (tutorial below)
- Affix the hemp cord to the inside of the basket using glue dots, leaving no slack in the hemp cord. Trim excess cord.
DIRECTIONS FOR NETTING
- Cut four strands of hemp cord that measure 16 inches in length.
- Tie a knot directly in the middle of the strands. This is the top of the netting.
- Divide the cord into four sections consisting of two strands each.
- Tie a knot in each strand two inches from the center
- Affix the knot at the top of the balloon and separate each strand of cord. Tie to cord that is associated with the other knot.
- Repeat step five with the next layer.
*Editor’s Note: This post contains affiliate links. Each time you purchase an item via our affiliate links, Love Inc. is receiving a small percentage of the sale, thus you are helping our small, equality-minded business grow and allowing us to provide more content for YOU! Isn’t that just fantastic?